There are many games set to come out early this year. Some of them look better than others. It’s often hard to tell just how good a game is going to be before you play it. Thank God for demos.
If there’s one game whose pants I desperately want to get into, it’s Dante’s Inferno. I played the demo about six times in a row when I first downloaded it a week ago and it did more for me than any woman ever has (or could).
As an avid fan of God of War and God of War II: I’m the Fucking God of War (unofficial title), I was initially skeptical that any other action game could be so incredible. My skepticism lasted until the very first cutscene, which you have to watch. I tried desperately to skip it, as I’m a fan of jumping right into the action, but those bastards wouldn’t let me. I’m glad they didn’t. The mix of realistic graphics and and stylish stained-glass style art is fantastic. The gameplay isn’t too shabby either.
Dante’s Inferno 2 Official Trailer
The fighting is basically the same other action games, you press the same buttons and do awesome combos. Just from the demo, it looks like the game doesn’t add too much to the already existing structure of combat. However, that doesn’t make it any less fun to play. The level and character designs are top notch, providing a very immersive experience.
The same game repackaged in one of the classic epic stories, with high quality graphics, and maybe a few tricks up its sleeves is more than enough to monopolize hours of my time. At least I hope so. This game went from not even being on my radar to one of my most anticipated games this year.
One of the levels in the demo features Dante facing off against death itself. And you get to kick his ass. Nothing is quite as satisfying, or ironic, as watching death beg for his life right before you split him in two. Then you arm yourself with his scythe for your trek through hell to retrieve the completely naked Beatrice.
I can not wait to play this game.
Only 9 more days until it releases February 9th.
Just a reminder on how gorgeous Dante’s Inferno is:
- Fable III Demo Amazes, and Molyneux Working on 'Secret Project'
- Rebellion "Working flat-out" to fix AVP demo
- James Cameron's Avatar: The Game Review in Haiku
- The video game in its purest form-No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle review
- Someone's Been Naughty 2.0
- Classic Gaming Review-God of War Collection
- We've come full circle-Dante's Inferno demo impressions
- No More Heroes 2 is in stores...not that Ubisoft cares...
- Over 20 hours of Climaxes-Bayonetta Review
- Digital Hors D'oeuvres: Taste the Wetness with the Heavy Rain Demo