Have you ever wanted to make a videogame? Well here’s your chance!

by Ben Dawson on February 13, 2010 · 29 comments

I’m sure some of you have the brilliant idea of making a videogame. Something along the lines of “well if they would’ve done that, the game would be better”. Well I had the brilliant idea of sharing my knowledge with you.
Basically, this is going to be about a 12-week “course” and I won’t continue if there aren’t enough people who leave comments back. Yes, I know 12 weeks is a long ass time but if you have the patience and the will to go on with it, great things will come from your time. So if your interested, leave a comment saying that you are and I will expect you to leave comments on ALL of the other posts as well(just to know your still listening). I’m planning on starting at around Tuesday or Wednesday so that should give you a few days to decide whether or not you want to do this. So yeah, hope to hear from someone soon.

Related posts

coded by nessus

{ 29 comments… read them below or add one }

Jonathan February 13, 2010 at 2:25 pm

Well, I’m part of a team already making a game, but I’ll be keeping an eye on this.

Mr. Lucha February 13, 2010 at 2:50 pm

i don’t know man, this sounds a lot like school…

If what I would say if I were lame.

Ive played with Alice, and the RPG maker on PC but never anything from the ground up.

Go for Mr. Lucha

Ben Dawson February 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm

to Mr. Lucha,
is that a yes??

Ben Dawson February 14, 2010 at 12:18 pm

M2Everyone: I need at least 7 people who want to do this by Thursday or I’m calling it off

Pantsinator February 15, 2010 at 12:36 am

I am in. This better be good…

macfirst February 15, 2010 at 12:43 am

I’m down.

Yo Yo February 15, 2010 at 12:49 am

Let’s try it, but can you elaborate a little more? I don’t have many skillz.

Mr. Lucha February 15, 2010 at 9:47 am

It is a Yes.

Or Si.

Ben Dawson February 15, 2010 at 10:21 am

Ok. cool, 4 people. Yo Yo don’t worry you don’t need any skills in order to do this you just need to download one thing and we’ll start from there

xb0xer February 15, 2010 at 11:07 am

Is this like a flash game? Or a game for a console? I’ll do it too.

Micah Haughey February 15, 2010 at 12:58 pm

While I can’t commit to a 12 week time period, I think this is a good idea and can’t wait to see what comes out of it.

DuneM February 15, 2010 at 5:19 pm

I want to make a me some a video gamez!!! Sign me ups!

Ben Dawson February 15, 2010 at 6:28 pm

xb0xer, to be more specific, we’re going to be focusing around the C# code which people say is out-dated, but really isn’t. If you were planning on making a PS2/PS3 game you can use this code for those consoles, but my main focus is using it for XBOX 360.

Ben Dawson February 15, 2010 at 6:30 pm

wow we’re down to only one more person. This should be easy by Thursday!

Ben Dawson February 18, 2010 at 7:12 pm

For all of you who don’t know, we reached our seventh member today!!!! YAYYY! which means I will continue with the progression of this project ok everyone. Get ready for school all over again…or double-school if you haven’t already finished. I will be (hopefully) posting new assignments every Thursday and every Monday. Now don’t think that because the class has started that there isn’t a way that people can “join” the group now they just have to read things like this so the course staaarrttss….NOW!

William March 18, 2010 at 6:35 pm

I have 2 game ideas. 1. 1st person whitewater rafting/kayaking game would be awesome because you could “run” different the classes of rapids at home.
2. World Traveler would use the sandbox style play of GTA4 to just go exploring different places. Possibly even be based on Google Earth. “Drive from New York City to Los Angeles” or drive on the Autobahn. Basically smooching the Flight Simulator world into a GTA4 style play, using Google Earth. Plus tons of walking places to visit like in Saints Row 2, such as museums, trails, etc…

olivora July 12, 2010 at 8:25 pm

hey, I have a super long game idea with everything planned out… well almost everything, anyway if your interested it’s a really great idea and I’d be happy to elaborate if you want.

kieron August 16, 2010 at 1:49 pm

have yo made the game if so please send me info

Bantse Dlomo September 21, 2010 at 11:16 pm

I’m Bantse Dlomo South Africa durban And I want In

Chris Arnold September 28, 2010 at 7:14 am

I have a game idea that will please everyone.

kieran geary November 4, 2010 at 2:01 pm

yeh can u give me more info.

sky johnson December 5, 2010 at 12:01 pm

i have the greatist zombie game idea ever. Its never been thought of before at least try me

cris4997 December 28, 2010 at 7:57 pm

i have an idea that i want to share but i am not sure you arent going to like it.

cris4997 December 28, 2010 at 7:58 pm

i will leave another comment on wensday.

Anthony December 29, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Hey I know this is a while after this took place but I have a company looking for younger age smart kids (I also a kid) and we are producing a top-of-the-class video game.

cristian December 30, 2010 at 11:16 pm

well i got a idea for a awesome video game which I hope you will like it ben dawson .If you want to discuss it then you should contact me by my e-mail or look me up somewhere….I hope yo will want to hear my idea..

jeremy January 23, 2011 at 1:52 am

im down to help..

Gordon January 30, 2011 at 11:44 am

That is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freakin’ awesome. I have a 3 game ideas that will be on the top 3 games on every website. 1st is a game where there are hundeds of mythical beasts fighting over who could colonize a new country. 2nd is a first-person shooter game where you are in a modern war, where you can level up to command up to 200 cpu men and your one yourself. There are also dozens of vehicles, flares if you need an airstrike, hounds for finding enemy and a whole lot more. 3rd is an rpg game where you are in New York and you have special weapons and powers and you are figthting against demons that are trying to destroy the city to build a hell on Earth. I can give you more info on all of them. See yah soon !

Brandyn Mitchell December 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Someone needs to make a 32 player game and it the 32 player vrs. hundreds of zombies in battlefield 3 type maps G gangers out homes